Hello, Ladies! It is SO cold here in Middle Tennessee today, and the blanket of snow on the ground makes it feel even colder. I stand in the window watching my crazy dogs romp around in it and I just shiver. Are they serious? I'm so glad God made hot chocolate, and that my daughter knitted me fingerless mitts so I can basically type with gloves on.
No baby yet, by the way. Little Maeryn seems to like it right where she is for the time being. If it's warm in there, I don't blame her! (And ladies, thank you so, so much for your prayers for my family. I've shared them with Marijean)
In the midst of waiting to become a grandmother, I've been reading your posts about how we can co-ordinate helping each other with our various God-goals for this new year. One of the things that has become clear is that you really do depend on each other, in a way that you don't the friends you see face to face on a daily basis. One of our biggest LIFE goals is to be able to be as transparent with everyone as we can be here on the blog, but since the people you're associating with personally right now aren't as mature as they're going to be some day, that's probably not going to happen this year! So that makes it even MORE important that you have a way to truly support each other in specific, concrete ways.
Here's what you've suggested so far:
(1) create a different blog where each resolution has a post, and we continue to comment on our resolution's post about how we put our resolution into play.
(2) have Mrs. Rue put us into resolution groups and then connect us by email address so we could talk to and check up on how our resolutions are going.
(3) post one resolution group at the bottom of each regular post and we would use that time to post updates and such on how we're doing.
All great ideas -- as was the Facebook idea, though as you pointed out, not everybody has access to that. Since The Blessing Pool has worked pretty well (except for me not keeping up with changing the post often enough!), why don't we try this?
* I'll set up another blog and we'll call it -- what shall we call it?
* Any of you who want to can write a post about the resolution below that you're working on and send it to me ATTACHED TO AN EMAIL. (My email address, as you know, is email@example.com) Indicate which number you're writing about in your subject line so I can immediately put it in the right file.
1 make better use of time (instead of internet, boys,
2 be a real, creative witness -- not a judgmental one, not just in big things but in small. etc.
3 let God be the center of absolutely everything (Includes falling in love with Jesus, having Jesus as best friend, realizing we're walking on water, balancing God as friend with God as all-powerful being, etc.)
4 getting totally into Scripture
It seems like everything you posted falls into one of those very broad categories. If not, let me know.
* I'll give you until Thursday night to do that (although you can continue to submit posts to me as the year goes on). Then I'll post four -- one for each resolution category -- and you can start responding with comments in your category. I'm thinking you should probably stick with your resolution group so it doesn't get overwhelming and confusing.
How does that sound so far? It'll be up to you to send me emails telling me it's time to change the post (maybe every week or so?) We'll let this grow organically and see what happens. It may peter out after a while, or it may take on a life of its own, but it's worth a try. As SARAH said, if we don't work at this and encourage each other, we're probably not going to stick with it. I'll check in now and then and leave comments, too, if that's okay with you. I think we'll all remember that this is about encouraging each other, having a place to say, "Yikes, I'm not keeping to my commitment -- anybody got a word for me?"
If you want to post today, let us know what you think and make any other suggestions that would make this even better. Meanwhile, you can continue to encourage each other here the way you always do. I'll use Thursday's post to get you started on THAT blog, and then next Monday I'll go back to posting additional stuff here about goals and epiphanies. I'm learning tons that I can't wait to share with you.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Nancy Rue (P.S. Today's picture shows Guinness, Geneveve, and my granddog Frost all supporting each other in their New Year's goal to kick back as much as possible . . .)