In our last post when we were hanging out with Jesus on the mountaintop, he taught us that we ARE the light of the world. Who makes a light and then sticks something on top of it so nobody can see it? Who you REALLY are was meant to be seen.
We're gonna come back to that in a minute.
In October our family is going to DisneyWorld -- Maeryn's first time. The special Nanny/Maeryn thing we're going to do is find the "Hidden Mickeys" -- the symbols of Mickey Mouse in surprising places all over the park. Every time we locate one we'll take a selfie with it for the DisneyWorld adventure scrapbook her mom will put together. How cool is that?
Back to us. I think our real selves are sometimes like Hidden Mickeys. They're there all the time, but unless we look for them we might not even see them.
Let's take LARISSA for an example, since she commented.
* One of her "Jesus Labels": she has respect for other people.
* What are some "Hidden Mickeys" ... examples of that? (I'm making this part up) Just the other day one of her friends came in with a new 'do and it was a little wild. Without thinking, Larissa said, "What HAPPENED to your HAIR!?" When her friend looked totally hurt, Larissa immediately apologized and made a note-to-self to think before she blurts something out.
Give it a shot. See if you can fill in these blanks with something that has happened to you recently:
* "Jesus Label" (from Tuesday's post): ____________
* How you know it's there: _____________________
* A recent "Hidden Mickey": ____________________
Later, in your Talking to God Journal, do the same with the other "Jesus Labels" you see in yourself -- your saltiness, your light, your beauty, your value. You know how we're calling this our Kindred Spirit Summer? By doing this, you're becoming kindred spirts with yourself and with God.
It doesn't get any better than that!