Hellooooo, Mini-Women! If I had shouted that where I was in Colorado (9,000 feet up in the mountains) it would have echoed all over creation. I wish I'd done it, because your names are worth shouting about! You did just great while I was gone ...
First, you gave some reasons why you KNOW God is close. Here's your list: We know God's here because ...
* We can see him working in others and in our lives
* We feel peace in tough situations
- When we pray for a good day, it happens!
- He always listens, especially when no one else does
- We feel a peace when we’re alone and go to him.
- We feel a presence when we’re reading our Bibles and writing in our TTG journals
- When we drift away and say we’re sorry, we feel a wave of peace that is forgiveness
- We write to God in our journals and our burdens are lifted from our shoulders
- If we didn’t have him, things would be crazy!
It doesn't get any better than that, does it? Keep knowing, Mini-Women. Keep knowing.
Next, you came up with some AWESOME L words to complete the sentence:
To really understand that God is near, I need to be L_____ing.
living (as in living out the Word)
lighting (up the world)
Every single one of those is important and I hope you are ALL of those things. I think you are. You want to know what I had in mind, though? Ready?
Why in the Sam Hill would I choose that? Really -- that's a question. If you want to comment on this post, tell us why it's important for us to be laughing as we find our way into closeness with God.
The best way to do this is to complete THIS sentence and see if it tells you anything --
If were going to fill in that blank, I would say --
When I'm laughing I am not taking myself too seriously. I am God's CHILD, after all!
I'm already giggling as I wait to see what you come up with, my grinning, smiling, snorting Mini-Women!