Helloooo, Mini-Women! I LOVE how you got into finding -- and decorating! -- those M-words. This is one of NIMI's. Magnificent, isn't it? Here's your massive list (another great M word!) from your comments and your emails to me:
(having a) Mission
Mingling (By ASHER)
ALL of those are things we need to be to know that God is just a breath, a glance, a heartbeat away. They're creative, too. Anybody want to guess why MILK, MOM and MISUNDERSTOOD fit? I think I know but I'd love to hear it from you.
I guess you want to know what I had in mind, huh? KAYLEE (and her mom) and I had the same idea. We think we need to be ...
(It reminds me of a song that was popular when I was in high school ... "They call me mellow yellow."... I had no idea what it meant then and I still don't, so it has nothing whatsoever to do with this. Just random!)
Anyway, why would MELLOW be an important thing to go for?
Mellow can have a lot of different meanings, depending on how you use it. Here, I'm talking about the mellow the Bible mentions about 365 times. One for every day of the year. In Biblical terms it looks like this:
Be not afraid
Be anxious for nothing
Do not worry about tomorrow.
It DOESN'T mean:
* Just sort of breezing through life not really caring about anything
* Pretending bad things don't happen
* Letting somebody else worry about the tough things
* Avoiding trying anything hard
That isn't MELLOW. That's just lazy -- or maybe even scared, which is the opposite of mellow.
Here's what it DOES look like for you, a mini-woman of God:
* Trusting that God will always be there for you no matter what happens (so you don't go around feeling anxious about every little thing)
* Doing your best but not freaking out because you're not perfect.
* Refusing to get all caught up in girl drama.
* Caring and loving and being there for people in a calm, gentle way
* Praying, especially when you're upset, for wisdom to do the right thing (instead of going nuts over "what ifs")
As we're thinking about being MELLOW, let's do these things:
1. Be honest and tell us where you are on the Mellow Scale these days:
1 2 3 4 5
freaking anxious up and down mostly calm totally trusting God
2. Talk to God in your Talking To God Journal about why you are where you are on the scale. Get it all out -- all your fears and doubts and other scary stuff
3. Fill in this blank (and share it with us if you want to):
The thing I'm the LEAST mellow about is ________________. And yet, the worst that can happen there is just _________________.
4. Then tell us -- is that worst thing so bad after all? Especially if God's there, which God is?