• x-raying people before pointing fingers at them; not ashamed when God looks into OUR hearts
• xenial – a friendship between a host and a guest
• xenodochial – friendly to strangers
• sing to God like a xenops – a type of bird
• learn from king Xerxes in the Bible
• xylophone – spread the musical worship of God to others
• we should NOT be xantippes (extremely ill-tempered women)
• xemes – fork-tailed gulls, who remind us how we should choose the right path in the fork in the road of life
• we should NOT be xenophobes – people who are afraid and fearful of strangers and other people
There is another X in Christianity that a lot of people don't understand. Since you taught me so much with YOUR comments, I thought I'd teach you a new thing too.
Have you ever see "Christmas" abbreviated to "Xmas"? A lot of people say that's an insult to Christ -- "X" stands for the unknown and we DO know our lord.
But that "X" has gotten a bad reputation, and here's why.
*When the Emperor Constantine had a vision that caused him to convert to Christianity (which was a HUGE deal), it's said that he saw the Greek Letters Chi and Ro intertwined, like this:
* "Chi" is written as an X and "Ro" is written as a P, but they're the first two letters of the Greek word "Christ", which, of course, means "savior."
* Now sometimes the X is used by itself.That's why "Christmas" is sometimes spelled "Xmas".
So that means X may be the most important letter of all to Christians. Kind of cool, right?
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling kind of sad that our alphabet series is coming to an end. It's been a blast, hasn't it? And we've learned tons about what we need to develop in ourselves so we'll know that our Lord is with us all the time.
Here's the good news, though: WE STILL HAVE TWO MORE LETTERS TO GO!
If you want to post a comment, fill in the blank in this statement we've come to know so well:
To know that God is here, now, in every way, I need to be y__________.
This one isn't quite as hard as X, so see if you can do it without using a dictionary. Feel free to post as many Y-words as you want, and again you can be creative.
As in, "I need to be not yacking my head off all the time!" (You get the idea!)
Nancy Rue, YOUR Biggest Fan